A Reliable Solution to Tooth Loss
Missing multiple teeth can make life difficult, from frequent embarrassment in social situations to trouble speaking or enjoying meals. With dentures, you can regain your quality of life and feel confident in your smile again.
Whether you’re living with missing teeth or your current dentures are uncomfortable, the doctors at River Birch Dental are dedicated to helping you achieve better oral health and a beautiful smile. Dentures may not sound appealing to some patients, but the benefits they offer will be well worth the adjustment.
Patient Before And After
Full Mouth Extractions And Immediate Denture (Teeth In One Day).
Benefits of Dentures
Dentures are a reliable solution to tooth loss that comes with a host of benefits, including:
- Natural Appearance: Dr. Vargas will customize your dentures to ensure that the shape, size, and color are perfectly suited to you. Dentures are custom-made to restore the complete smile you’ve been dreaming of.
- Affordability: While the exact cost of your dentures will depend on your personalized treatment plan, they are generally a more affordable alternative to other tooth loss restorations.
- Quick, Minimally Invasive Procedure: The process for receiving dentures can take as little as three to six weeks to complete.
- Enhanced Chewing and Speaking Abilities: Dentures give you the freedom to eat what you love and speak with ease. Best of all, you’ll be able to smile proudly in front of family and friends again.
Types of Dentures
At River Birch Dental, we offer three types of dentures to address your individual needs.
- Partial Dentures: For patients only missing a few teeth, partial dentures are an effective way of filling the gap. They’re removable and blend seamlessly with your natural teeth, restoring your smile and confidence.
- Full Dentures: Full dentures are given to patients missing most or all of their teeth. This custom-fit solution forms a close seal with your gums, giving them a natural look. Depending on your treatment needs, full dentures can reliably replace both the upper and lower arches of teeth.
- Implant-Retained Dentures: For some patients, this option may be a more durable and hygienic method of tooth replacement. Implant-retained dentures involve the use of surgically placed implants that mimic the roots of teeth to permanently support and secure dentures.
The Denture Process
The process of receiving your new dentures involves a few visits to our Centuria office. At your first visit, you’ll sit down with Dr. Vargas for a consultation, where she’ll determine which type of dentures are the best solution for your oral health.
She’ll then take a series of x-rays and discuss with you your health, dental, and medication history. Dr. Vargas will also answer any questions or concerns you may have. You’ll leave the appointment with an understanding of the next steps in your treatment plan, based on what you and the doctor decided.
At the next appointment, Dr. Vargas will take impressions of your teeth to create your custom-fit dentures. She’ll also work with you to determine which tooth shape, size, and color will be best suited for your individual needs.
At your final visit, Dr. Vargas will ensure your new dentures fit naturally and comfortably in your mouth. She’ll make any necessary adjustments before you leave our Centuria office with a new, confident smile.
Caring for Your Dentures
It’s essential to take good care of your dentures to give them a longer lifespan. Here are some tips to keep your dentures in top shape:
- Remove and brush your dentures at least once a day using a soft-bristled toothbrush and denture cleaner.
- Soak your dentures overnight in a denture cleaning solution to keep them free of any airborne bacteria.
- Remove and rinse your dentures with water after eating.
At your biannual check-ups at our Centuria office, we’ll thoroughly clean your dentures and make sure they’re in great condition.
Frequently Asked Questions
After a tooth extraction, you’ll want to wait six to eight weeks to be fitted for dentures. This allows time for any swelling to diminish, ensuring you’ll obtain a proper fit on your dentures. Our staff will assess how you’re healing at your follow-up appointment and will determine how long you’ll have to wait.
We recommend that you remove your dentures at night prior to going to bed and soak them in water or a denture solution while you sleep. Sleeping without dentures gives your gums and bone a chance to relax from the pressure of the denture during the day. Wearing dentures at night can double the risk of pneumonia in elderly patients.
While they’re both solutions to replacing missing teeth, the process and longevity differ. If your smile is missing teeth, schedule a consultation with one of our dentists by calling (715) 646-2161. During this consultation, we’ll review your oral health and provide you with information about the different restorative procedures we offer so you can make the decision that best fits your lifestyle.
If your dentures break or become damaged, call our Centuria office right away at (715) 646-2161 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Vagras so she can assess the condition of your dentures. She’ll determine if they can be repaired or if a replacement may be necessary.
We suggest contacting your dental insurance provider to discover if your plan will cover all or a portion of the treatment costs. You can also visit our financing page to learn more about your payment options. We also recommend looking into CareCredit, a third-party health financing company, to discover if they’ll be able to help you pay for your treatment.
Local Towns We Service
Forest Lake, Marine on St. Croix, Scandia, Stillwater, Rice Lake, Chisago City, St. Croix Falls, Lindstrom, North Branch, Wyoming, New Richmond, Balsam Lake, Somerset, Osceola, Dresser, Center City, Taylors Falls, Shafer, Milltown, Amery, Grantsburg, Luck, Turtle Lake, Frederic, Siren, Cushing