Fix Your Smile and Restore Missing Teeth with Implants
Missing teeth can be a source of discomfort, affecting your ability to speak, chew, and smile with confidence. At River Birch Dental in Centuria, WI, we offer a solution to these problems: dental implants.
Dr. Georgie Vargas, our experienced dentist, is dedicated to helping you restore your smile and improve your oral health with custom dental implants. Whether you have one missing tooth or multiple gaps in your smile, dental implants can be the key to your transformation by calling (715) 646-2161.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a modern, permanent solution for replacing missing teeth. They consist of three main components: the implant fixture, abutment, and dental crown.
- Implant Fixture: This titanium screw acts as an artificial tooth root permanently attached to the jawbone, providing stability and preventing jawbone deterioration.
- Abutment: A permanent connector supports and secures the entire tooth restoration.
- Dental Crown: The visible part of the implant, typically made of porcelain, offers durability and a natural appearance that seamlessly blends with your smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer a range of advantages compared to other tooth restoration options. Here are some of the key benefits:
- Promote Healthy Jaw Bone Growth: By mimicking natural tooth roots, implant fixtures stimulate jawbone health, ensuring it remains strong and stable.
- Longevity: With proper care and maintenance, dental implants can last a lifetime, making them a durable and cost-effective solution.
- Natural Look and Function: Dental implants are designed to fit seamlessly with your smile and can withstand daily activities without shifting or sliding, providing a natural look and feel.
- Easy Maintenance: Caring for dental implants is as straightforward as caring for natural teeth. Regular brushing and flossing are all that’s needed to keep them looking and functioning at their best.
Candidacy for Dental Implants
To ensure the success of a dental implant procedure, it’s essential to determine if you’re an ideal candidate. Key factors for candidacy include:
- Healthy Gums: Healthy gums provide the necessary support for dental implants.
- Adequate Jawbone Density: Sufficient jawbone density is essential for the stable placement and integration of the implant fixture.
- No Underlying Oral Health Issues: Any underlying oral health problems should be addressed before proceeding with dental implant treatment.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
An initial consultation with our Centuria dentist is the first step. During this appointment, Dr. Vargas will evaluate your teeth, gums, and jawbone to determine if dental implants are suitable for your situation. Digital images of your smile help us plan the dental implant placement.
Dental Implant Preparation
Before placing the dental implant, Dr. Vargas will administer a local anesthetic to ensure a painless dental implant surgery. For patients with dental anxiety or tooth sensitivity, dental sedation may also be provided.
Dental Implant Procedures
Once the targeted tooth and surrounding areas are numb, the dentist will surgically place the implant directly into your jawbone. A temporary crown is then placed to protect the surgical site and initiate the healing process. Typically, it takes three to six months for the implant to heal and integrate with your jawbone through a natural process called osseointegration.
Dental Crown Placement
After the dental implant has fully healed and integrated with the jawbone, you’ll return to our Centuria dental office for the placement of your customized restoration. Depending on your dental needs, this restoration may take the form of a porcelain crown.
Aftercare for Dental Implants
Caring for dental implants is straightforward and similar to maintaining natural teeth. Here are some ways to ensure the ongoing health and longevity of artificial teeth and your dental implants:
- Regular Oral Hygiene: Brush and floss your dental implants daily, just as you would with your natural teeth. Use a soft-bristle toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste to avoid damaging the restoration.
- Dental Check-ups: Schedule regular dental appointments with your dentist, typically every six months. These visits are essential for monitoring the condition of your implants and addressing any issues early.
- Avoid Tobacco: If you smoke, consider quitting or reducing your tobacco use. Smoking can increase the risk of implant failure and other oral health issues.
- Oral Health Products: Your dentist may recommend oral health products, such as mouthwashes or interdental brushes, to help you maintain your implants.
Financing Dental Implants
At River Birch Dental, we’re dedicated to ensuring everyone can access the dental care they need. To help make your dental implant treatment plan fit your budget, we offer various financing options:
- Budget Flexibility with Wells Fargo: We offer financing through Wells Fargo, providing flexibility in managing dental expenses.
- Financing with CareCredit®: Our practice accepts the CareCredit healthcare credit card, offering financing options and flexibility for healthcare-related expenses.
- Dental Perks Program: For patients without dental insurance, our in-house Dental Perks savings program offers low annual fees, discounts on all dental treatments, and hassle-free enrollment.
- Maximizing Your Dental Insurance Benefits: Our experienced team will help you understand and maximize your dental insurance benefits, saving you time and reducing out-of-pocket costs.
- Other Payment Options: We accept cash, checks, money orders, and major credit cards (Discover, MasterCard, Visa, and American Express) for your convenience. We aim to simplify the payment process for our patients.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance. However, the restoration part may need replacement after approximately 15 years.
The implant placement procedure is typically performed with the patient under local anesthesia, ensuring minimal discomfort during the process. Your dentist may also prescribe pain medications after your placement to make recovery easier.
You may not be a suitable candidate for dental implants if you have unhealthy gums, inadequate jawbone density, or underlying oral health issues. Your dentist will assess your suitability during the initial consultation.
Yes, multiple dental implants can be placed during the same procedure, provided that you meet the criteria for candidacy and have a sufficient jawbone to support the amount dental implants require. Your dentist will determine the best approach based on your needs.