Restore Your Smile With Stunning Dental Implants
Missing teeth can make it difficult to speak, chew, and smile with ease with confidence. Patients with gaps in their smile may also experience jawbone deterioration, leading to a sunken facial appearance. Fortunately, you can take the first step toward a restored, beautiful smile, with custom dental implants.
At River Birch Dental, our experienced Centuria dentist, Dr. Georgie Vargas, is proud to offer dental implants to patients looking to restore their smile and improve their oral health. Whether it’s one or multiple teeth, our dentist can use implants to fill in any gaps in your smile.. Discover if dental implants are the right choice for your oral health needs by reading our helpful guide below.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a permanent, natural-looking solution that replace missing teeth from root to crown. Implants are made up of three parts:
- Implant Fixture: The titanium screw that serves as a root for your new tooth and is permanently attached to your jawbone for unmatched support and durability. The implant fixture can also help prevent jawbone deterioration.
- Abutment: A permanent connector that supports and holds the entire tooth restoration.
- Dental Crown: Also known as a prosthetic tooth, your dental crown is the visible part of your restoration. It’s typically made of porcelain to ensure durability and a natural, beautiful appearance.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Our implant dentist in Centuria, WI recommends dental implants for their host of benefits. Unlike other tooth restoration solutions, dental implants:
- Promote Healthy Jaw Bone Growth: Because implant fixtures mimic tooth roots, they provide the necessary stimulation your jawbone needs to remain healthy and strong.
- Last a Lifetime: With proper care and maintenance, dental implants can be a lifelong solution to tooth loss.
- Look and Function like Natural Teeth: Dental implants are designed to fit seamlessly with your smile, and can withstand your daily activities without shifting or sliding like dentures.
- Are Easy to Maintain: Caring for your implants is like caring for natural teeth. Simply brush and floss daily to keep them looking their best!
Dental Implant Candidacy
It’s important to know if you’re a candidate for dental implants to ensure the procedure is a success. Ideal candidates for dental implants must have:
- Healthy gums
- Adequate amount of jawbone density
- No underlying oral health issues
If you lack the sufficient bone density needed for successful dental implant treatment, our dentist may recommend a supplemental procedure. Additional treatments such as bone grafts can help prepare you for dental implant placement.
Dental Implant Process
Completing your smile with dental implants can be done in a couple of appointments at our Centuria office over the course of several months. However, this timeline may vary depending on your individual needs.
When you’re ready to explore the idea of receiving dental implants, you’ll undergo a consultation with Dr. Vargas. Our restorative dentist will evaluate your teeth, gums, and jawbone to determine if dental implants are the right solution for you. She’ll also take digital images of your smile to determine where to place the implants and how many you’ll need.
Some patients may need a supplemental procedure prior to dental implant treatment. If you fall under this category, we’ll notify you during this consultation. Our dentist will also go over your preference for dental sedation during your procedure at this time.
Before placing your implant, Dr. Vargas will administer a local anesthetic to ensure your procedure is as painless as possible. She’ll also administer a dental sedative if you struggle with dental anxiety or tooth sensitivity.
Once the targeted tooth and surrounding areas are numb, our experienced dentist will place the implant directly into your jawbone. Then, we’ll protect the surgical area with a temporary crown to begin the recovery process. In most cases, it’ll take three to six months for your implant to heal and merge with your jawbone, which happens naturally through a process known as osseointegration.
Dental Crown Placement
After you’ve fully healed, you’ll return to our Centuria office so our dentists can place your customized restoration. Depending on your dental needs, this may be a porcelain crown, a fixed dental bridge, or full-arch dentures.
Dr. Vargas will ensure your restoration matches the shape, size, and color of your surrounding teeth for a natural appearance. After we attach your restoration, you’re ready to walk out of our office with a beautiful, restored smile.
Frequently Asked Questions
The cost of dental implants depends on several factors determined in your personalized treatment plan. This includes the number of implants and the type of restoration you’ll receive. Dr. Vargas will also provide you with a cost estimate of your procedure at your initial consultation.
You can visit our financing page to learn more about our affordable payment options, as well as how to apply for financial assistance from third-party companies like CareCredit. We also offer Dental Perks, our in-house savings program that’s helped countless patients cover the cost of their treatments.
Dental implant insurance coverage will vary based on the details of your plan. Some providers may cover a larger amount of the cost than others. We recommend contacting your dental insurance provider ahead of time to learn what your benefits are. By calling our office at (715) 646-2161, we can help you receive the maximum amount of your benefits.
Dental implants can last a lifetime, but your restoration may only last up to 15 years before needing to be replaced. You can get the most of your restoration by practicing proper care and maintenance, which induces daily brushing and flossing.
We also encourage patients to visit our general dentist in Centuria, WI once every six months for routine dental cleanings and exams. Regular dental appointments can help support your oral health and restorations.
Caring for your implants can directly affect the success of your procedure. Immediate post-op care, maintaining good oral hygiene, using the right products, and visiting our Centuria office for regular checkups will help your dental implant treatment flourish.
Following your procedure, you should:
- Avoid eating hard foods
- Rinse regularly with warm salt water
- Refrain from smoking and drinking alcohol
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Avoid mouthwash that contains alcohol as an ingredient