Your Convenient Solution for Tooth Loss
Losing multiple teeth can pose challenges, from social discomfort to difficulties in speech and enjoying meals. Embrace a life of confidence and joy with dentures, a reliable remedy for tooth loss offered by the esteemed team at River Birch Dental. Dr. Georgie Vargas is one of the best dentists in Centuria, WI, for affordable restorative dentistry solutions. Discover how our caring team can help you fix your smile!
Patient Before And After
Full Mouth Extractions And Immediate Denture (Teeth In One Day).
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are prosthetic devices that replace missing teeth and restore oral functionality and aesthetics. These custom-made appliances offer individuals who have experienced tooth loss a chance to regain their smile, confidence, and ability to enjoy everyday activities.
Types of Dentures
Partial Dentures for Precise Restoration
If you’re missing only a few teeth, partial dentures offer a discreet remedy. These removable prosthetics blend with natural teeth, reinstating your smile and self-assurance.
Full Dentures for Comprehensive Renewal
Full dentures are for patients missing a substantial portion or all of their teeth. This bespoke solution adheres closely to your gums, presenting a natural appearance. Based on your requirements, full dentures can effectively replace both upper and lower teeth.
Implant-Retained Dentures for Enhanced Durability
Some patients may benefit from implant-retained dentures, a robust and hygienic tooth replacement option. Surgically positioned dental implants replicate tooth roots, providing steadfast support for your dentures.
Benefits of Dentures
Improved Chewing and Digestion
Dentures restore the ability to chew effectively, ensuring proper breakdown of food for better digestion and nutrient absorption, promoting overall gastrointestinal health.
Enhanced Speech and Communication
Dentures help maintain proper tongue and lip placement, allowing for clear pronunciation and improved speech, boosting confidence in social interactions and professional settings.
Restored Aesthetics and Self-Esteem
Dentures provide a natural-looking smile, enhancing facial appearance and bolstering self-esteem, leading to increased confidence and a more positive self-image.
Support for Facial Muscles
Dentures provide support to facial muscles that can sag or appear sunken due to missing teeth, helping to maintain a more youthful and vibrant facial structure.
Affordable Tooth Replacement
Dentures offer a cost-effective solution for replacing multiple missing teeth, making them a viable option for individuals seeking dental restoration without a significant financial burden.
Customizable and Versatile
Dentures can be tailored to match the individual’s oral anatomy and preferences, allowing for adjustments in size, shape, and color to achieve a personalized and natural look.
Candidacy for Dentures
Several factors indicate candidacy for dentures, including:
- Extensive Tooth Loss: Individuals with significant tooth loss, whether due to decay, injury, or age-related issues, are potential candidates.
- Gum Health: Healthy gums are vital for denture support; those with gum disease may require treatment before receiving dentures.
- Medical Considerations: Underlying medical conditions that may affect the success of dentures should be discussed with a dentist.
- Realistic Expectations: Understanding the benefits and limitations of dentures is crucial for individuals considering this option.
Receiving Your Custom Dentures
The process of obtaining custom dentures involves the following steps:
- Consultation: Dr. Vargas evaluates your oral health, discusses your preferences, and outlines the denture process.
- Impressions: Precise molds of your mouth are taken to create dentures that fit comfortably and securely.
- Design and Fabrication: Dentures are crafted in a dental laboratory, considering factors like size, shape, and color for a natural look.
- Fitting and Adjustments: Once ready, your dentist ensures proper fit, making necessary adjustments for comfort and functionality.
Caring for Dentures
Maintaining dentures is crucial for their longevity and your oral health:
- Daily Cleaning: Brush dentures daily to remove food particles and plaque, using a soft-bristle brush or denture cleaner.
- Proper Storage: Keep dentures moist when not in use; soaking them in water or a denture solution prevents them from drying out and warping.
- Oral Hygiene: Clean your gums, tongue, and remaining natural teeth to prevent oral issues.
- Handle with Care: Avoid dropping dentures, as they can break. Handle them over a soft surface or a water-filled basin.
- Regular Check-ups: Schedule routine dental visits for professional examinations and adjustments to maintain optimal denture fit.
Frequently Asked Questions
The number of teeth required for dentures can vary based on your needs. Partial dentures are for individuals who are missing a few teeth, while full dentures are suitable for those who have lost most or all of their teeth. Your dentist will assess your oral health and recommend the appropriate type of dentures.
The timeframe for getting dentures after tooth extractions can vary. Generally, it takes a few weeks to a couple of months for your gums to heal after extractions. During this time, your dentist will work with you to create custom dentures that fit comfortably and securely.
While dentures restore your ability to eat various foods, exercise caution when consuming hard foods. Initially, it’s wise to stick to softer foods as you adapt to wearing dentures. Over time, you can gradually introduce harder foods, but it’s best to cut them into smaller, manageable pieces.
While it’s possible to sleep with dentures in, it’s generally recommended to remove them before sleeping. Removing your dentures at night allows your gums to rest and promotes better oral hygiene.