Restore Your Smile’s Natural Beauty
If you’re living with damaged teeth, there are treatment options available that can restore both your smile’s appearance and oral health. At River Birch Dental, we offer high-quality restorations, including dental crowns. Our dental crowns blend seamlessly with your natural smile, filling any gaps and rejuvenating your look.
Discover how our trusted dental crowns can restore your smile and improve your oral health by reading our helpful guide below.
Reasons for Dental Crowns
There are many cases where the placement of a dental crown is necessary and beneficial. Our experienced Centuria team is proud to offer dental crowns for several treatments, including:
- Dental Implants
- Dental Bridges
- Root Canals
- Repairing cracked, chipped, or broken teeth
- Replacing decayed enamel
- Enhancement of dental aesthetics
Is it painful to have a crown put on your tooth?
No, you won’t feel any pain during your dental crown procedure. The targeted area will be numbed prior to the appointment and most patients report feeling only mild discomfort. You may experience some sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures following your procedure. This is normal and should subside within a few days.
How You’ll Benefit
Dental crowns are beneficial in preventing further, painful dental conditions. In addition, crowns offer a variety of other benefits, such as:
- Non-invasive procedure
- Your crowns are customized specifically for you, ensuring maximum comfort
- Crowns are available in natural shades for a natural appearance
- The crowns process is completed in just two appointments
- Crowns can prevent further dental procedures
Our Dental Crowns
With traditional dental crowns, we can complete the entire treatment process in two appointments. We’ll take several detailed impressions of the tooth to be sent to a dental laboratory, where specialists will create your customized crown. In the several weeks it takes to create your restoration, we’ll place a temporary crown to ensure you have functionality.
Once your customized dental crown is ready, you’ll return to our Centuria office. We’ll prepare your tooth by removing decay and shaping the surface of the tooth enamel so the restoration fits properly. Then, we’ll remove your temporary restoration, clean the tooth, and place your custom crown, securing it in place with dental cement. You’ll leave our office ready to show off your new smile.
Same-Day CEREC® Crowns
If you’re looking for a dental crown restoration that can be completed in one swift appointment, we offer CEREC same-day crowns. Our River Birch Dental team is equipped with the latest CEREC® CAD/CAM technology that allows you to receive your crown in one easy, 90-minute appointment.
Your same-day crown process consists of six steps:
- At the beginning of your consultation, one of our dentists will discuss which crown is best suited for you.
- A member of our team will numb the affected tooth for your comfort.
- We’ll shape your natural tooth to ensure a perfect fit of the crown.
- A technician will digitally scan the tooth into our computer.
- Your dentist will design your crown and mill it with the CEREC machine.
- We’ll polish and cement the crown into place.
After these six steps, you’re ready to leave our office and show off your stunning smile.
Dental Crown Aftercare
If you’re receiving a temporary crown procedure, you’ll want to follow a few instructions to ensure your crown stays adhered to your tooth until the permanent crown is ready. Along with following any guidelines given by your dentist, you’ll want to:
- Avoid sticky, chewy, and hard foods
- Chew on the opposite side of the mouth while the temporary crown is in place
- Floss using the slide-out method rather than lifting it out
Once you receive your permanent crown, you’ll want to:
- Wait an hour before eating
- Wait for two to three hours before eating anything sticky or chewy
- Return to your regular oral hygiene routine
If you find yourself experiencing any complications or have any questions, contact our Centuria office by calling (715) 646-2161, where one of our team members will be happy to help you.
How can I improve the longevity of my crown?
There are a few guidelines that you can implement into your daily routine to increase the longevity of your dental crown, including:
- Avoid clenching and grinding your teeth. If you grind your teeth at night, be sure to get a night guard to protect your teeth and custom crown.
- Practice good dental hygiene by brushing twice a day, flossing daily, and rinsing between meals.
- Refrain from biting into hard objects such as ice, hard candy, etc.
- Schedule regular checkups and professional dental cleanings so we can examine your crown for signs of decay and gapping.